Monday, April 9, 2012

THE GARDEN IS STARTING TO SHOW OFF

Slowly Spring is starting to show up around here.  The flowers are all ready to burst open with their full colors and smells in our garden.

A few have already showed up and I thought I would share them with you.

Our white roses are opening up and are full of buds.  They are going to put on quite a show in a short while.

We have a lot of different Hydrangeas in both the front and back gardens.  They actually have hundreds of buds growing on them but, so far, this is the only pink one that started to open up. 

I love when these all are full of the flowers and we can cut some to come inside and still have big pops of colors in the garden.


The Azaleas are about ready to go to sleep for awhile.  They provide us with some color in the cooler months.  I think the deep pink flowers are lovely.


My pink rose bush has come alive for the season.  This was my first rose bush I ever got and I love it.  The roses are so different.  So pretty.


Most of our flowers are pink or white.  But these daisy flowers are a nice blend of both.  Sometimes they even look like they are violet.


I know some people don't care for Geraniums but I love them.  They remind me of the olden days.

 Did you know some have wonderful smells.  Even chocolate smells.  Some smell like citrus.

The Victorian women used to love the smelling geraniums because as they walked by them, their long dresses would brush up against them and release the smell. 

I used to have some smelling geraniums but I don't any more.  I think I'm going to pick up some the next time I'm at Rogers Gardens.

This little white Hydrangea is peeking up from way down below.  Even though its a white Hydrangea, most of the flowers have a touch of a light lime green color to them. 


I planted some tomatoes in pots this year.  I've not done this before so I don't know how they will turn out.  But, they are starting to have lots of little yellow flowers, which means tomatoes should be growing soon.


Here are some more tomato plants and they have flowers too.  I think I should get a lot of tomatoes this year. 

Well, that's about all that is blooming so far in my gardens.  How about yours?  Are they in full bloom yet?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog. So interesting about the Titanic. You have so many creative and interesting ideas!
Thanks for sharing,
Candy